Mito AET Program
· Must be a U.S. Citizen.
· If you have a dual citizenship of Japan and USA, you must renounce the Japanese Citizenship and provide proof before applying for an Assistant English Teacher position.
· Be less than 30 years of age. But can be older.
· Not have lived in Japan for 3 or more years.
· Have excellent English skills in speaking and in writing
· Be a native English speaker
· Have a well-balanced way of thinking.
· Have a genuine interest in teaching English in Japan.
· An AET cannot have a tattoo or any facial hair. They are considered socially-inappropriate behavior especially for an AET.
* Act as a role model for the students and motivate them as a teacher.
* Eat lunch with the students.
* Cleaning school with students.
* Love the Japanese culture and want to become part of it.
· Complete the Application form for Assistant English Teacher.
· Complete the Certificate of Eligibility (COE).
· 2 Color Passport Sized Photos taken within the last 3 months. Plain white background. Taken wearing business attire. Should not wear sunglasses or prescription glasses with a tint.
· Copy of your Passport with Stamps if you have traveled in Japan.
· Resume to include all work and education details.
· A Photocopy of your University Bachelor Degree.
· Or if you will graduate by July 2022,
proof of Anticipated Date of Graduation from your university also indicating the degree being awarded.
· Have good mental and physical health. Provide a letter of good health from your doctor.
· Two Letters of recommendation from people who are not related to you.
· Statement of Purpose Essay describing reasons for applying to this AET Program.
* Be enthusiastic and eager to teach.
* Eager to learn new things.
* Play with the Nursery, Kindergarten and Elementary students at recess time.