REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO APPLY
Mito AET Program
Note: All open positions have been filled for the April 2021 through March 2022 school year. I encourage you to apply regardless to establish priority. We are taking applications for the following school year of April 2022 through March 2023. Please complete Steps 1-10 and submit to Henri Soucy at firstname.lastname@example.org. An interview will be conducted at your earliest convenience. There can be openings during the school year.
1. Complete the AET Application form for Mito City Assistant English Teacher. It is a fillable pdf form. After populating save the pdf file as "Your Last Name, Your First Name AET Application". For example Soucy, Henri AET Application. Then email to email@example.com.
2. Resume (in addition to your application).
The resume must include all work and education details ( all elementary, junior high, high school, and university details as well as all details of employment, with specific dates. The work and education details need to be listed in chronological order (most recent first / newest to oldest). Please ensure that it is completely up-to-date and that any gaps in your education and work experience are clearly explained. The resume must be on white paper (A4 or 8.5 x 11) printed on one side only. Save the Word file as "Your Last Name, Your First Name Resume". For example Soucy, Henri Resume. Please email this document in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Statement of Purpose
Please write an essay describing reasons for applying to Mito city AET program and your interest in Japan. (Maximum two pages on (A4 or 8.5 x 11). Save the Word file as "Your Last Name, Your First Name Statement of Purpose". For example Soucy, Henri Statement of Purpose. Please email this document in Word format to email@example.com.
4. Complete the Application form for Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Save as you downloaded a Microsoft Excel .xls file as "Your Last Name, Your First Name COE". For example Soucy, Henri COE. Email the Microsoft Excel file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Do not save as a pdf or .dat file
Click to download the COE.
Please see also the attached document( COE Application Instructions for Completion). Please print it out using A4 size paper (A4 or 8.5 x 11) and also Required Documentationemail the Excel file. Very important to follow the COE Instructions #2 as to how to complete the COE.
5. Two identical color ID photos taken within the last 3 months in accordance with the specification in the attached document ( COE Application Instructions for Completion). Ensure picture taken with a white background, in business attire and you aren't wearing sunglasses or tinted prescription glasses. Then mail to Henri Soucy, 3645 S Placid Avenue, Inverness, Florida 34452.
6. A copy of the photo page/inside cover of your passport that shows your photo, name, gender, date of birth, passport number, date of issue, date of expiration, etc. Save he copy as "Last Name, First Name Passport". For example Soucy, Henri Passport.
If you have been to Japan, also copies of entry/departure stamps of Japan only. Save as "Your Last Name, Your First Name Passport Stamps". For example Soucy, Henri Passport Stamps.
Please emailed scanned copies of your passport and the passport stamps of Japan only to email@example.com.
7. A photocopy of your university degree and your original transcripts.
Please copy the university degree in color on plain white paper (A4 or 8.5 x 11). Save the copy as "Your Last Name, Your First Name University Degree". For example Soucy, Henri University Degree. Please email the scanned university degree copy of this document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Mail your original transcripts to Henri Soucy, 3645 S Placid Avenue, Inverness, Florida 34452.
8. Proof of Graduation if you have not graduated
If you expect to earn your Bachelor’s degree between now and July 2022
You must provide:
A proof of Expected Date of Graduation from your university.
This document must provide information indicating your expected degree and anticipated graduation date.
Recommendation letter from someone related to your university (out of 2)
This must contain a reference to your expected date of graduation.
9. Health Certificate
Click to download Health Certificate #1. Click to download Health Certificate #2.
Please include your past medical history(physical and mental) and the presence of allergy. If you have now have ever had any physical or mental condition/illness, your physician must attach a statement to provide an explanation indicating whether you are fit to participate on Mito city AET program and to live and work overseas. If you currently hold a prescription for a medication, please also include that. Save the copy as "Your Last Name, Your First Name Health Certificate". For example Soucy, Henri Health Certificate. Scan and email to email@example.com. Mail original to Henri Soucy, 3645 S Placid Avenue, Inverness, Florida 34452.
10. Two Letters of recommendation
The recommendation letter should be written on letterhead paper and should be signed by the person writing it. Please have the individuals providing the recommendations, mail the original to the following address:
Henri Soucy, 3645 S Placid Avenue, Inverness, Florida 34452.
This is not required until you have been officially offered an AET position.
11. Work Visa
Work / Long Term Visa (including Spouse or Child of Japanese National)
(A stay during which the applicant performs paid work in Japan, a stay of over 90 days in Japan, Student/researcher/engineer etc.)
When an application for visa is made for the purpose of employment, residency, etc. in Japan, it is necessary for a proxy in Japan to obtain the “Certificate of Eligibility” and for the visa applicant to file a visa application to the Japanese embassy/consulate-general by submitting the original copy of the Certificate of Eligibility. The proxy in this case is the Mito City Educational Research Center.
In order to obtain the Certificate of Eligibility, the Mito City Educational Research Center in Japan will make an application with the Toyko Regional Immigration Bureau of the Ministry of Justice to the proxy’s place of residence in Japan (an application for Certificate of Eligibility cannot be made at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs).
Certificate of Eligibility (COE)
Once the Certificate of Eligibility reaches you by way of the Mito City Educational Research Center in Japan, you are ready to apply in person for a visa at the Japanese Embassy or Consulate along with your valid passport, one 2"x2" passport-type photo, a visa application form, and the Certificate of Eligibility and a duplicate copy. Normally a Work Visa can be issued in 3 working days if all of the requirements are met. No fee is required for U.S. Citizens.